WSO2 ESB Performance Benchmark Round 3 published June 23, 2008Posted by sandakith in Open Source.
add a comment
See more details on Oxygen Tank Article
Eclipse Ganymede Poster Contest June 23, 2008Posted by sandakith in Eclipse.
add a comment
Next Eclipse WTP 3.0 Poster Contest
You can vote from here, http://www.eclipse.org/ganymede/postercontest.php
There are some cool stuff to look at, Enjoy !!
WSO2 Registry 1.1 released June 22, 2008Posted by sandakith in Open Source.
add a comment
The WSO2 Registry team is pleased to announce the release of its
The WSO2 Registry is a hub for managing data in a web-friendly and
community-enabled way. It was built with enterprise metadata for SOA in
mind, but really it’s up to you – the Registry can hold any kind of
“stuff” including images, service descriptions, text files, office
documents… and every resource you put in the Registry becomes a center
for social activity.
Eschewing the complexity (and WS-* focus) of specs like UDDI, our
Registry uses the Atom Publishing Protocol (via Apache Abdera) to offer
a standard and RESTfully simple remote interface, which can be accessed
easily by custom code, feed readers, and even browsers.
The Registry has been designed both to encourage “grass-roots” community
around your data and also to allow for IT-friendly governance. A full
feature list follows. We hope you’ll find many uses for it, and that
you’ll share them with us as we work to make it even better!
The release can be obtained from: http://wso2.org/downloads/registry
* Storing and managing arbitrary resources and collections
* Tagging, commenting and rating
* Managing users and roles
* Authentication and authorization on all resources and actions
* Resource / collection versioning and rollback
* Advanced search capabilities – tags, users, etc.
* Built in media type support for common types (WSDL, XSD)
* Built in support for WSDL and Schema validation
* Built in support for WSI validation
* Dependency management – maintain relationships between dependent
* Pluggable media type handlers for handling custom media types
* Support for processing custom URL patterns via pluggable URL handlers
* Support for custom query languages via pluggable query processors
* Activity log and filtering support for the activity logs
* Atom Publishing Protocol (APP) support for reading/writing the data
* Subscribe to directories, comments, tags, etc. with any standard
feed reader (Bloglines, Google Reader, etc)
* Java client for remote access via APP
* Embedded and WAR deployments
* Web based user interface with Web 2.0 look and feel
_*Major changes from last release*_
* Performance improvements
* Change from auto-versioning collections to explicit checkpointing
* Lifecycle/Aspect support
* Much improved WSDL handling, validation, and WS-I validation
* Support for transaction handling
* Generic typed associations
* API improvements, including streamlined Filter/Handler plugins
* Bug fixes
* Log entries do not persist across resource rename/copy right now.
* Home page
* User guide
* Issues should be reported using the public JIRA available at
_*Getting in Touch*_
The WSO2 Registry community can be contacted via mailing lists:
For Users: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Developers: email@example.com
For details on subscriptions: http://www.wso2.org/projects/registry
Questions can also be raised in this forum: http://wso2.org/forum/351
As an open-source project, we welcome not only feedback, but active
collaboration. If you’ve got ideas for features, comments on things
that should work differently, patches, or if you’d simply like to hear
what others are doing with the project, please come join us. We look
forward to meeting you.
Enjoy the WSO2 Registry!
– WSO2 Registry Team
WSO2 WSAS 2.3 released June 14, 2008Posted by sandakith in Open Source.
add a comment
The WSO2 WSAS team is pleased to announce the release of the WSO2 WSAS 2.3. WSO2 WSAS is an enterprise ready Web services engine powered by Apache Axis2 release under the Apache Software License 2.0.
This release can be downloaded from http://wso2.org/projects/wsas/java
From the WSO2 WSAS 2.3 – Release Note – 10th June 2008
WSO2 WSAS is an enterprise ready Web services engine powered by Apache Axis2 which offers a complete middleware solution. It is a lightweight, high performing platform for Service Oriented Architectures, enabling business logic and applications.
Bringing together a number of Apache Web services projects, WSO2 WSAS provides a secure, transactional and reliable runtime for deploying and managing Web services.
* Data services support – Expose you enterprise data as a services in a jiffy
* WSAS IDE – Eclipse IDE integration
* Clustering support for High Availability & High Scalability
* Full support for WS-Security, WS-Trust, WS-Policy and WS-Secure Conversation and XKMS
* EJB service provider support – Expose your EJBs as services
* Axis1 backward compatibility – Deploy Axis1 services on WSAS & Engage advanced WS-* protocols in front of legacy services
* JMX & Web interface based monitoring and management
* WS-* & REST support
* GUI, command line & IDE based tools for Web service development
New Features In This Release
* Improved interoperability
* Improved Data Services support
* Various bug fixes to Apache Axis2, Apache Rampart & WSAS
* WSO2 Mercury Integration – A new WS-RM Implementation
Data Services – Bringing Enterprise Data to Web
* Service enable data locked in relational databases, CSV & Excel files in no time
* Zero code. Simple descriptor file describes the data to service mapping
* Controlled access to your data
* Customizable XML output
* Benefit from REST & WS-* support
* Built-in Connection pooling support
* Supports exposing Stored procedures & functions
* Built-in caching
* Throttling – to ensure your database is never overloaded.
* Easy configuration via graphical console
* Test your services via Try-it tool
WSO2 Inc. offers a variety of professional Training Programs, including
training on general Web services as well as WSO2 WSAS, Apache Axis2, Data Services
and a number of other products.
For additional support information please refer to
WSO2 Inc. offers a variety of development and production support
programs, ranging from Web-based support up through normal business
hours, to premium 24×7 phone support.
For additional support information please refer to http://wso2.com/support/
For more information on WSO2 WSAS, visit the WSO2 Oxygen Tank (http://wso2.org)
How to do various things with WSAS – WSAS HOWTO Series(http://wso2.org/library/2707)
For further information see the full release note http://wso2.org/project/wsas/java/2.3/docs/release_notes.html
Thanks for your interest in WSO2 WSAS
— WSO2 WSAS Team
To post an entry to WordPress, through Drivel on Ubuntu Linux, you only have to follow these steps
1) Apt-get install drivel
2) Application -> Internet -> Drivel
3) Login with username/password
(The Journal Type : Movable Type / Server Address (your Blog Address/xmlrpc.php))
4) Write the Subject, Body. select the category and post it
Its that simple !!