WSO2 WSAS 2.3 released June 14, 2008Posted by sandakith in Open Source.
The WSO2 WSAS team is pleased to announce the release of the WSO2 WSAS 2.3. WSO2 WSAS is an enterprise ready Web services engine powered by Apache Axis2 release under the Apache Software License 2.0.
This release can be downloaded from http://wso2.org/projects/wsas/java
From the WSO2 WSAS 2.3 – Release Note – 10th June 2008
WSO2 WSAS is an enterprise ready Web services engine powered by Apache Axis2 which offers a complete middleware solution. It is a lightweight, high performing platform for Service Oriented Architectures, enabling business logic and applications.
Bringing together a number of Apache Web services projects, WSO2 WSAS provides a secure, transactional and reliable runtime for deploying and managing Web services.
* Data services support – Expose you enterprise data as a services in a jiffy
* WSAS IDE – Eclipse IDE integration
* Clustering support for High Availability & High Scalability
* Full support for WS-Security, WS-Trust, WS-Policy and WS-Secure Conversation and XKMS
* EJB service provider support – Expose your EJBs as services
* Axis1 backward compatibility – Deploy Axis1 services on WSAS & Engage advanced WS-* protocols in front of legacy services
* JMX & Web interface based monitoring and management
* WS-* & REST support
* GUI, command line & IDE based tools for Web service development
New Features In This Release
* Improved interoperability
* Improved Data Services support
* Various bug fixes to Apache Axis2, Apache Rampart & WSAS
* WSO2 Mercury Integration – A new WS-RM Implementation
Data Services – Bringing Enterprise Data to Web
* Service enable data locked in relational databases, CSV & Excel files in no time
* Zero code. Simple descriptor file describes the data to service mapping
* Controlled access to your data
* Customizable XML output
* Benefit from REST & WS-* support
* Built-in Connection pooling support
* Supports exposing Stored procedures & functions
* Built-in caching
* Throttling – to ensure your database is never overloaded.
* Easy configuration via graphical console
* Test your services via Try-it tool
WSO2 Inc. offers a variety of professional Training Programs, including
training on general Web services as well as WSO2 WSAS, Apache Axis2, Data Services
and a number of other products.
For additional support information please refer to
WSO2 Inc. offers a variety of development and production support
programs, ranging from Web-based support up through normal business
hours, to premium 24×7 phone support.
For additional support information please refer to http://wso2.com/support/
For more information on WSO2 WSAS, visit the WSO2 Oxygen Tank (http://wso2.org)
How to do various things with WSAS – WSAS HOWTO Series(http://wso2.org/library/2707)
For further information see the full release note http://wso2.org/project/wsas/java/2.3/docs/release_notes.html
Thanks for your interest in WSO2 WSAS
— WSO2 WSAS Team